Saturday, May 23, 2015

Check This Out: The Hookup Hoax by Heather Thurmeier

So, okay...

Saturday is usually the day that I put the spotlight on my fellow creatives. Since I started writing with the intent to publish, I've met tons of talented writers in the business of doling out 'Happily Ever After's. My circle has grown by leaps and bounds, and I find myself surrounded by storytellers of all types - romance writers, horror writers, sci-fi writers, punk musicians, rock musicians, pop musicians. Seriously, my cup runneth over. I love how much creativity flows through my life and, as things continue, I know that there is so much more to come and so many more amazing people to meet!

On that note, I'd like to introduce a fellow romance writer, Heather Thurmeier. I first 'met' (the internet links the entire world, remember?) around the time I published my first book with Crimson Romance. She's a seasoned pro who has been in the game for a few years now; in Heather's released a ton of fun stories like Stuck On You, Love and Lattes, and The Wedding Hoax. Now her new book, The Hookup Hoax, is all shiny new and ready to be devoured - you guys definitely want to check it out. Heather's brand of storytelling invokes giggles and smiles, along with warm electric fuzzies that comes from a happily ever after. And I've got everything you need right here: her bio, essential book buying info, and an excerpt! Don't forget to visit her on her website.

Meet Heather Thurmeier!

Heather Thurmeier is a lover of strawberry margaritas, a hater of spiders and a reality TV junkie. Born and raised in the Canadian prairies, she now lives in New York with her husband and kids where she's become some kind of odd Canuck-Yankee hybrid. When she's not busy taking care of the kids and pets, Heather's writing her next romance, which will probably be filled with sassy heroines, sexy heroes that make your heart pound, laugh out loud moments and always a happily ever after. She loves to hear from readers on social media and her website is heatherthurmeier.com

Social Media Links:

Author Email:  hthurmeier@gmail.com
Author Website:  heatherthurmeier.com

The Wedding Hoax is Here...


The perfect guy. The perfect girl. The perfect lie.




Sawyer Sterling needs a girlfriend. With the family cabin up for grabs, he's desperate to prove that he could be the guy to “pass it on.” Of course, Sawyer also has a tendency to treat relationships like a contagious stomach flu that should be avoided at all costs. Now he needs a girlfriend-for-hire. Someone he can trust. Someone he could never, ever fall for...

Someone like his best friend's sister.

Sawyer's offer is exactly what Olivia Morgan needs. After traveling around the world for the last five years, the promise of a job and free accommodations is heaven. And sure, maybe Sawyer's a super-hot, charming guy with dimples made for kissing, but he’s not willing to be the guy—or relationship—she needs.

All it takes is one hot hook-up before this little hoax gets blown all to hell...      


Find The Wedding Hoax online & Enjoy An Excerpt!

 Excerpt from The Wedding Hoax

Turning her back to Sawyer, she opened the cabinet and reached up to the middle shelf. She never really thought of herself as short until she had to perch on the balls of her feet to reach something, feeling the stretch through her entire body, like a yoga instructor. Just as her hand circled the glass, a cool breeze blew across her right butt cheek.
Her exposed right butt cheek.
Why did I wear a thong today? Couldn’t I take two seconds to put on pants?
Quickly, she lowered her arm. As she did, the soft cotton of her nightshirt slid back over her rear, covering her. She swallowed hard.
Did he see? Please be looking anywhere else...
She turned, gripping her newly acquired glass.
His gaze hit her right around the tops of her thighs then slowly traveled up the length of her body before settling on her eyes. Every nerve ending came to life under his scrutiny. His jaw muscle bulged as if he was clenching his teeth.
Oh, he saw. Everything.
“I...” she said, then closed her eyes while trying to think of something appropriate to say. Sorry I just flashed you my ass? Thongs, huh? Can’t depend on them for coverage!
She bit her lower lip and forced her eyes open. She was a big girl. Surely she could face a minor awkward moment head on. Olivia met his gaze while pulling a quivering breath into her tight lungs.
“I...”
“I’m going to bed,” he said quickly, holding her gaze. His eyes sparkled in the bright kitchen lights, like the sun reflecting off the ocean. “I have an early meeting. Tomorrow, I’ll get everything sorted out for your new job and bring home any paperwork you need to fill out. You can start first thing next week, okay?” He stared at her for a moment before pushing off the counter and walking out of the room with what she thought was a sigh.
Could’ve been a quiet groan.
“Thank you,” she called weakly after him, thrilled for the change in topic, and for his chivalrous behavior concerning her wardrobe malfunction... until she realized that not only had her platonic, fake-boyfriend and roommate just seen her naked ass cheek—so had her new boss.

4 comments:

  1. Love the excerpt! Sounds like a delicious summer read. Wishing you many sales, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love an excerpt that leaves me laughing, and you captured the characters so well in such a concise bit. Sounds like a must read, Heather. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book premise and REALLY love the excerpt. Thanks for sharing Heather with us, Samantha. :) I believe I have some 'one-clicking' to do...

    ReplyDelete