Sunday, October 29, 2017

NaNoWriMo is Coming, and I'm Ready to Write All The Words

NaNoWriMo is Coming. 

My fellow writers and I are three days away from the all-out, bang-up word brawl that is National Novel Writing Month. While some men grow their creepiest mustaches (Sorrynotsorry, the only truly rockin' mustache will ever belong to Tom Selleck), writers the world over will be fleshing out plot maps, following their most meticulous outlines or, in some cases, spewing verbs, nouns, adjectives, and adverbs by the seat of their pants. 

I am normally the spewer. 

However, I have broken from tradition and actually wrote a synopsis from which to work. I'm pretty proud of myself, I stand to hit the word count goal this year! 50,000 words works out to about 1667 words daily - if you write every single day. It's not for the faint of heart, but I've seen some of the most amazing writers hit this goal and pass it several years in a row. Given that I once wrote 50,000 words in 12 days, I plan on being no exception. Here's a brief summary of The Wedding Caravan, the project I chose to focus on during this epic writer's month: 
 
A funny and successful city girl, as she nears her 30th birthday, has a super dynamic best friend who is getting married in 3 weeks, and the whole gang is returning to the bride’s childhood stomping grounds to plan a fabulous quickie celebration. Can said city girl make it to the big day in a town without pity, achieve her pre-set summer goals, keep her own happily ever after thriving, and still have her sanity in tact when all is said and done?  

Interested? Well, I'll let you in on a little secret: 'The Wedding Caravan' is actually just half of the working title. As I close in on 50K, I'll reveal the rest of the title along with what I plan to do with the completed manuscript. Are you excited, 'cause uh... I am!

As I said, I am ready to write all the words. I'm in a good place right now, and ready to start November off right. Falling on my face is not an option - oh, don't mistake me, it's a possibility - so I'm going into this month strong and planning on coming out the same way. Writer buds, how are you amping yourself up for this year's NaNoWriMo? Have you gotten your banner up yet? Are you doing writing exercises to keep the brain loose? Are your wine stores replenished, for Goddess' sake?!

Let me know what you're doing for November, and hey - let me see your Halloween costumes! I'll be announcing the winner of my birthday giveaway on November 1st, the day NaNoWriMo begins, so if you haven't entered by sending a birthday video, get that in before the end of the contest on the 31st.  Best of luck, NaNoWriters!

No comments:

Post a Comment