Thursday, March 28, 2013

"The Juggling Act" or "Sometimes, I think my head will explode"

One of the first bits of advice I received when 'Kirby' was chosen for publishing was to 'blog often'. And though I blog far more than I used to, I'm still a sporadic poster (which kind of sounds like a cool superhero name, but I digress...)! I'll apologize for this constantly, and continue to post more frequently. Tonight would be one of the nights that I ask myself, "Self, what the hell are you doing?"

I talk to myself a lot. It helps me work things out, whether it's a plot line, song lyrics, or a recipe. Every time I tell myself that enough is enough, one or all of my projects pull me back in. I end up missing what I do so much that it hurts, and I'm left feeling empty and sometimes even disappointed for not being able to keep up. As a result, I go write back to nurturing the things that make me happiest. And I end up losing sleep writing down lyrics that have been floating in my head or scratching out a scenario that's been on replay since the night before. The next thing I know, I'm pulling a ten hour shift on three hours of sleep. I'm sure I'm overreacting. But every now and then (as the title of this post says), I feel like my head's going to explode.

The good news is, about 99% of the time, I am absolutely in love with the fact that I am doing what makes me happy. Granted, the dream hasn't exactly 'paid off', but I don't care. If you're in this for the money, then you're not truly in it. And whether 'this' is music, writing, or even baking (though the occasional cake order can pay a pretty penny nowadays!), your heart must always remain 'in it'. Hmm. I knew I was going somewhere with this. (smile)

I've just looked at the clock - if I'm to get up at 5AM again, I've got to cut this out. So I will. Keep at it (whatever that may be), and have a great night!

xo,
S.

1 comment:

  1. Lol it's amazing what you can do when it's something that means a lot to you. I think the people who have passion like that are the lucky ones, as well as the tired ones! :-)

    ReplyDelete