Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Ten Minute Contribution

Hi hi!

So, I'm sitting at a desk that isn't mine - eh, it's not bad - and eating a yogurt (Oikos, I'm obsessed with you) and passing the time before 'the day job' starts. I've got ten minutes to bang out a blog post: so here goes. :)

The last seven days has been interesting, huh? For me it certainly has - crazy things have been happening at work, I hit the 30% complete mark on my screenplay (oh, didn't I tell you?), and I've also hit the 30% complete mark on my next book, tentatively titled Drummer Boy. For the record -and I say this often- I don't understand how writers like D. Steele manage to juggle multiple projects and get anything done. But, with two projects plus the band holding my heart so tightly - I finally get why they do it.

Five minutes to go...

Have you ever cared so much about something that its absence made life feel worthless? Like that pain you once felt in high school when you were grounded from seeing your boyfriend. Yeah, that. I feel that every day I fail to create - whether I'm standing in front of my full length mirror with my bass strapped to my body, or at my desk writing a paragraph or two. I can't believe how lucky I am to have been able to muster up the strength at (what I believe) was the lowest point of my life to go after the life I love. I may have a long way to go, but at least I know where I'm headed. I've always been just a bit behind, I guess - but hey, that's the way it goes.

Time's up... fcuk, time flies when you're having fun.

xo,
Sami

No comments:

Post a Comment