Thursday, September 19, 2013

Yet Another Ten Minute Contribution

Hi hi!
So, my schedule at the day job has gotten so erratic, that I'm going to begin attempting to post in the ten minutes before my shift. This should be interesting. (smile)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around blogging - it's all fun and games until someone runs out of things to say - so if you've noticed that my posts have been lagging, it's because they have. I find myself at a loss for what to say, maybe nine times out of ten. But a wise writer once told me, "Stick with it - eventually everything you say will be relevant." Just the fact that what she said made me chuckle is enough for me to push forward. And I know that most of you can relate to the feeling I often get when I think to myself, "Fcuk, I have to blog? I just want to write!"

All that aside, I can definitely give you an update. I recently bought back the rights to my first book and I plan on rereleasing it. I realize it's going to be harder to get a publisher to bite since it's already been 'tainted', but I can't give up on this story. If it can be categorized as anything, I'd definitely call it Women's Fiction or even Chick Lit (shudder - something so naughty about that!) - it's a well-balanced story, filled with romance, giggles, and tears. My plan is to run through it with a fine-tooth comb, rewrite a few things, and finally make the edits that the first publisher flat out refused to help me with. More on that later.

My ten minutes are up! I'll post more about the horrors of working with PublishAmerica another time. Smooches!

xo,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment