Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I, Busy Bee...

Happy Tuesday!

I apologize for the long gap between posts - I've been quite the busy bee! There have been two shows in the last two weeks (super fun!), and I've picked up a couple of cake jobs. I've said it before and I'll say it again... juggling is no easy feat! But I do it because I can't imagine my life without any of these projects!

I've gone and bit off more than I can chew once again, probably due to the fact that neither story will leave my head. I've got a romance in the works in addition to the sci-fi I've vaguely mentioned before. Combine that with ribbons of song lyrics and you've got a girl who can't keep her thoughts straight! (And therein lies the explanation for my band's name - Running Thoughts!)

On a side note... I wish the people who live above me would just think about the fact that someone lives downstairs. Either that, or they should reconsider giving away the elephant herd that they are keeping up there. Just saying.

I'm sitting here with a cup of sinus soothing tea (I'm apparently due!) and wondering how I can manage to keep up with this blog. I've only learned recently that blogging is such a crucial form of communication when it comes to staying connected to readers and friends. I'm definitely determined to keep this forum from going defunct (like my last two blogs), but it's going to take a little more effort on my part. 

Prepare for weird posts... I'm usually very guarded, but this blog gives me a reason to let it all out! Then again, maybe nothing I say is weird at all - perhaps I'll learn that I relate to more people than I realize. That sounds fun too. :)

It's almost eight o' clock my time, and I've got to get back to writing another love story. If I can manage to remember, I'll tell you where they all come from. I can't possibly do any more damage, when I spend my entire social life being awkward (when I'm trying to be outgoing) and borderline strange when it comes to the guys I crush on. 

Oh, and hey - did you know I wrote a book before this? It's total chick lit, and was an unfortunate victim of horrible editing. I was only given one shot to get it all down, and then my changes didn't even make it into the final cut. It was an interesting experience and, had I fought for the changes, maybe I'd have a different first book. Regardless, feel free to check it out by clicking here. It's available on the original publisher's website for $10; you can find it on amazon.com, but the price is ridiculous at $25. If you decide to read it, I believe you'd like it. You just have to look past the editing. (smile) Let me know if you decide to pick it up!

off I go!
xo,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment