Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Day Job, A Breakfast Sandwich & A Slight Fever

...that pretty much sums up my Tuesday morning!

SYTYCW 2013 is over for me, having failed to make it into the Top 50. I should say that I'm really not heartbroken about it - while I love writing Romance and the HEA's therein, it wasn't my first choice of genre. That doesn't mean anything is changing. My focus is still the same: write, rock, write, rock. Baking? Still in there, but on a more exclusive basis. I needed to put something aside in order to make other things happen. Cupcakes and pastries were the easiest things to let go of. I can't imagine not writing, and I certainly can't imagine not playing music. The choice was clear. And onward I go!

Even without having the oven fired up 24/7, I've got a number of ongoing projects that I seriously can't wait to share with you. I finally managed to obtain the rights to my first book, In Ten Years' Time, and I'm in the process of reworking it (though not by much) so that I can re-release it with a publisher that embraces Women's Fiction and can help me get it into the hands of the highest number of readers possible. I'm so excited about this - having been my first full length novel, it holds a special place in my heart, and I can't wait for you guys to read it in all of it properly edited glory!

Then of course there's Company Ink: it's definitely shaping up to be a saucy read, and I'm excited about getting it out there with Kirby. Somewhere in there is Drummer Boy, another romance about a girl and her drummer crush. It's not as high in the priority chain, but has been fun to work on nonetheless!

I've started a couple of screenplays as well - crazy, I know, but I can't get them out of my head. And, frankly, I think I'm in love. Both movie premises have me giggling so hard that I can't let them go to the wayside. I'm not entirely sure what I'll do with the first one once it's finished (and it's almost there), but the second - well, I think it's safe to share the basics. I'm adapting Kirby into a screenplay and I can't even wait to finish! I won't divulge the details on the next steps, but it definitely has the potential to be something big. I've got my fingers crossed!

As I make my way into November, I'm realizing that I have so much to be thankful for. This really has been an amazing year - I'm so grateful for every opportunity that's presented itself! I hope to end the year with a proverbial bang, and maybe find a way to continue to evolve (pun intended, ya'll - long story) and change on my quest to make my life legen...wait for it... ;)

Stay creative!

xo,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment